GATE 2014 Pattern for ME (Mechanical Engineering)
Every paper of GATE 2014 will carry 65 questions carrying 100 marks on the whole. The time period of GATE 2014 exam is 3 hours. Below is the distribution of questions and marks of GATE 2014 pattern for ME.
|QUESTION NUMBER||MARKS DIVISION||Sections||TOTAL MARKS|
|1 to 25||1 mark each||Engineering Mathematics + Subjects of Mechanical||25|
|26 to 55||2 marks each||Engineering Mathematics + Subjects of Mechanical||60|
|56 to 60||1 marks each||General Aptitude||5|
|61 to 65||2 marks each||General Aptitude||10|
So, basically you have three sections, from which you will answer the questions
- Engineering Mathematics
- General Aptitude (GA)
- Mechanical Engineering Subjects
Mechanical engineering subjects will be those subjects which you must have read in your engineering discipline (final year subjects are excluded).You can have a look on GATE 2014 syllabus for ME.
Kind of Questions in Gate 2014 Pattern
GATE 2014 pattern has added numerical type questions to the previous MCQ’s (Multiple Choice Questions).
Numerical type questions will not have any option to be chosen as answer. On display of the computer, you will get a virtual keypad, from where you have to enter the calculated answer of the question.
You will be provided with the rough papers for the paper work of solving the questions in the examination center, which would be taken by the examination officials after the exam will be over.
Type of Examination
This time each of 22 papers will be held in only Online mode. Offline mode has been opted out. So, all the examinations will be carried out in an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). The questions will be shown in front of the candidates in the random manner. After the time duration of 3 hours, the screens of the computers will automatically turn off.
Liked our post? Like and Share us on Facebook.
Incoming search terms:
- gate marks distribution for mechanical
- gate mar distribution for mechanical
- mark distribution in gate as per subject for mech in gate exam
- gate 2015 sullabus for mechanical engineering and marks allocation
- gate 2015 mechanical mark distribution
- gate marks distribution for mech syllabus
- gate 2014 mark allocation
- mark distribution of each subject in gate 2014 of me
- gate mechanical engineering marks distribution
- gate exam marks distribution